Priority of Access
As per DEEWR regulations we operate on a priority of access.
First: A child at risk of serious abuse or neglect.
Second: A child of a single parent who satisfies, or of parents who both satisfy, the work/training/study test under section 14 of the Family Assistance Act 1999.
Third: Children of parents who live and/or work in the Centre’s Local Government Area.
Within these main categories priority should also be given to the following children:
- Children in Aboriginal and Torres Strait families
- Children in families which include a disabled person
- Children in families which include an individual whose adjusted taxable income doesn't exceed the lower income threshold or whose partner are on income support
- Children in families from a non-English speaking background
- Children in socially isolated families
- Children of single parents